Help Make Temple Beth-El a 100% Voting Congregation!
Advocacy has always been central to both Reform Judaism and Temple Beth-El. The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism states that “our democracy is strongest when everyone has the opportunity to participate”, and it’s important for Temple Beth-El members to partake in local, state, and federal elections. Regardless of political belief, voting is central, and a non-partisan issue that our congregation can get behind.
What’s at Stake?
UPDATE: We are in a runoff election!
Early Voting begins May 28th until June 4th
Election day is June 8th
The San Antonio mayoral election allows for voters to elect a mayoral candidate!
Click here to find out who’s running and to learn more about them.
Step One: Get Registered!
- Are you registered to vote?
- Click here to check your status.
- Register to vote! Click here.
- Talk to Ross Halfant, ordained Voter Deputy, and he can register you.
Step Two: Where Do I Vote?
- Find your nearest early voting polling site - here!
Pledge your vote - Temple Beth-El’s last civic engagement endeavor was a success and we want to keep up the momentum. Remember, it is important to get involved in local elections too! If you haven’t already, pledge here.
Step Three: Get Out and Vote!
- Important Tip – Don’t forget an ID!
- The State of Texas requires all voters to present a valid photo ID before casting their vote. Click here for a list of acceptable photo IDs.
- If you need a ride to a polling location, know of someone who would need a ride, or want to volunteer to drive, please let Ross Halfant know at [email protected] or 210-733-9135 (ext. 110). We will be offering rides starting April 22nd.
- If you have any questions:
- Call – 1-844-338-8743
- Email – [email protected]
Important Dates to Remember
- Last day to register to vote – April 4th
- Early Voting Begins April 22nd
- Early Voting Ends April 30th
- Election Day, May 4th 2019
Don’t Live in Bexar County?
- Bandera County - Click here
- Comal County - Click here
- Guadalupe County - Click here
- Hays County - Click here
- Kendall County - Click here
- Kerr County - Click here
- Medina County - Click here
Have Questions? Contact Ross Halfant at [email protected] or 210-733-9135 (ex. 110)!