As a Kehillah Kedosha, a sacred Jewish community, we prioritize the health and wellness of all who are a part of our congregational family, sharing special concern for those who are most vulnerable. Our congregation’s work continues, and even continues to grow, as we seek to connect with one another in new ways during this period of physical distancing.
Our response to the pandemic is being guided by our COVID-19 Task Force, led by our President, Dr. Amy Benedikt, and two infectious disease specialists – Dr. Ruth Berggren and Dr. Charles Lerner. We are taking a cautious approach to reopening our building and will continue to closely monitor San Antonio’s COVID-19 data to gauge when we can begin to gradually resume in-person programs and worship services.
For now, in-person gatherings at the Temple are suspended. The following protocols are in effect:
- Shabbat and holiday worship are online only. Members are sent Zoom links for our services. The public may join us on our website, Facebook Live, YouTube, or on our Roku channel.
- High Holy Day worship will be online only. Please visit our High Holy Day page for details.
- Our staff is working remotely. It is best to reach our staff via email (visit bios for individual email addresses). Pastoral appointments and meetings will take place through virtual means.
- If an in-person meeting is necessary, the following protocols are to be followed:
- High risk individuals are encouraged to stay at home.
- Until further notice, meetings are limited to a maximum of 10 people.
- Please remain outside the building when you arrive and call the staff member with whom you are meeting on their mobile phone (the number will be given to you in advance). They will meet you outside to take your temperature and ask a set of screening questions.
- If your temperature is greater than 100 and/or you answer yes to any of the questions you will be denied entry.
- Masks must be worn inside the Temple for anyone over the age of 2 unless medically unable to do so. Please bring your own mask (masks will be provided to those without).
- Social distancing must be observed.
- Back to back meetings should not occur in the same space. Rooms will be cleaned and surfaces sanitized between meetings. The space should remain empty for at least 15 minutes before reentering.
- If possible, it is preferable to meet outside in a space such as the Jacobson Garden.