The sustaining contribution level is $2,800, which reflects the actual cost per member household to maintain our Temple programs and facilities. As a guideline, Temple leadership has created recommended annual contribution levels:
Ner Tamid (Eternal Light) Levels
• $25,000 and above M’lachim (Angels)
• $18,000 to $24,999 Adumim (Pillars)
• $10,000 to $17,999 Shomrim (Guardians)
• $5,000 to $9,999 Manhigim (Leaders)
• $3,600 to $4,999 Bonim (Builders)
• Sustaining Level $2,800 – $3,599
• Suggested Minimum $1,800
• Sugg. Min., Under 30 years old $180
• If you are able to contribute more than the sustaining level, please consider donating at one of the Ner Tamid (Eternal Light) levels.
• If you are unable to contribute at the $2,800 sustaining level, please consider making a minimum pledge of $1,800 or increasing last year’s pledge by at least $100.
In gratitude for their exemplary support, all who donate at the Ner Tamid levels will be publicly recognized unless anonymity is requested.
Together, we can ensure that Temple Beth-El has the resources to thrive. Together, we can do much more. Together, Temple Beth-El can shine even brighter for generations to come.
COFR: In addition to your annual commitment, there is a COFR (Capital and Operations Fund for Resource) assessment. This is billed at $60 per quarter ($240 annually) for the initial ten years of membership. Thereafter, the fee is $60 annually. The COFR assessment is waived for all active-duty personnel and those with financial hardship. This fund is used to defray the cost of non-budgeted major improvements to our historic building and grounds.
Security Fee: Each member is asked to contribute $75 annually as a security fee which offsets the cost of having security personnel present on all holidays and during Religious School.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Director, Rabbi Alan Berlin, via email, or at 210-733-9135 ext. 118.