We All Belong
We uphold the highest standards of inclusivity and diversity in our community and congregation. We welcome and include everyone in all of our programming which includes, but is not limited to: Jews of all shapes, sizes, and color, LGBTQIA+, interfaith families, people with disabilities, Jews by Choice, and those exploring Judaism.
At Temple Beth-El you'll find:
- Lower mezuzot at San Pedro Entrance
- Large print prayer books
- Assistive listening devices (Bluetooth to connect directly to hearing aids/phone or a separate device)
- Wheelchairs available
- Braille on signage in the building
- Braille Prayer Book
- Accessible Entrances and Parking (San Pedro Entrance)
- Accessible seating in the sanctuary
- All gender restroom (located in the Temple kitchen)
- Menstrual products available in the women’s and all gender restroom
- Transportation to and from Temple
- Our members know that all parents and babies are welcomed throughout Temple Beth-El facilities. However, we would like to announce a new room, the Baby Care Room, designed just for parents to nurse, pump, or feed children in a quiet, private space. If you choose to use this room, please know that it will be available for the duration of services (including High Holy Days) and programs. It is located in the administrative wing, in the first office on your right. As a reminder, changing tables are available in all Temple restrooms.
- Domestic Abuse Hotline number, Human Trafficking number, and Suicide Prevention Hotline number in every bathroom
- Financial options and assistance for membership, program fees, and education. Please feel free to call Michael Ringel at 210-733-9135 X 124, or email at gro.asle-hteb@leahcim , if you have any questions or concerns related to billing matters.
- Worship and Ritual Inclusion
- English transliteration of all Hebrew texts and prayers
- Live-streaming of services
- Gender-inclusive language throughout our prayer book, website, and marketing materials
- Modified training and requirements so that all children may become Bar/Bat/B’nei Mitzvah
- Ceremonies and life cycle events for interfaith and LGBTQ+ couples. If you are interested in wedding ceremonies and like to discuss options, click here.
- Green Initiative
- A recycling program includes paper, broken-down cardboard, and clean glasses and cans.